I love Davao!

I love Davao!
Taste and see that the LORD is good. Psalm 34:8

Friday, January 13, 2012

My Morning Devotions

Bible verse for the morning: Galatians 1:22-24
English Standard Version (ESV)
22 And I was still unknown in person to the churches of Judea that are in Christ. 23 They only were hearing it said, “He who used to persecute us is now preaching the faith he once tried to destroy.” 24 And they glorified God because of me.

Reflection:
I'm always amazed how God used Paul to preach the gospel. This morning, while reading Galatians, trying again to digest this letter of Paul, chapter by chapter, God reminded me that we can make a complete 180 degree turn around after an encounter with Jesus Christ. When the Gospel was yet unknown to us, we may have been so indifferent to people, but now that we have known the Gospel and have lived claiming that it has transformed our lives, God too will supply us the grace to make us turn 180 degrees and preach it.
If we've been silent in preaching the Gospel before, it's now time to surrender to God, ask Him for strength to be bold in telling how Jesus changed us, how Jesus turned our mourning into dancing, how Jesus gives us a thousand reasons to smile every morning.
Join me in my prayer today:
Dear God,
I pray that by Your grace, I'll be able to speak Your Word today to someone who is in need to hear from You. Give me that courage and boldness to speak. I can't do so with my own efforts but with power from your Holy Spirit, I will declare what David declared after receiving forgiveness, mercy and salvation from You, I too may say, "I will teach transgressors Your ways, and sinners will return to You." Be glorified Lord in what I do, speak, and think today. In Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who is Mama Gen?

My photo
a woman who tries to creatively manage well the gifts she received from God--her family, work, friends and future friends